Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Little Birdy Told Me...

I've just started a twitter account about a month ago and haven't really gotten much use out of it. But I decided to try a little exercise to see what tweetin' could do for me.

I never realized that people had sooo much time to update their twitters. Surely, Facebook takes up 90% of their web-use as it does for me (I guiltily admit this. It's an addiction). But the good thing about twitter, as pointed out by my sports writing teacher, is that Joe or Jane Journalist can follow a relevant athlete and/or other sources for quick updates that might not be launched into the news world until the next day.

Nevertheless, I still hesitate to say that I love Twitter, but maybe I'll get there someday.

Anyways--to the point...

Here are a couple of things I've gotten from Lance Armstrong's tweet for the past few days:

*Just days after surgery on his broken collarbone, Lance was working out on an indoor spin-bike. Good news for fans hoping to see him compete in the Giro d'Italia and the Tour de France this summer.
*Yesterday, he drove a car for the first time since his accident.
*Dude likes to keep his fans updated.
*AND he really likes Unseen Bean coffee...

Whether or not everything he tweets is relevant, it's nice to bridge the gap between fans and athletes. It's great to see that his family life is so important to him and that he's well on the way to hitting the pavement soon. (And there are some really neat pictures of him post-surgery. What an incision!!!"

As for Twitter: I remain unconvinced, but my interest has been sparked.

No comments:

Post a Comment